By Jorge V José
On the fortieth anniversary of the Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless conception (BKT), this informative quantity seems again at a few of the advancements and achievements and sundry physics functions which ensued from the attractive BKT vortex-unbinding seminal idea.
During the final 4 a long time, BKT concept, that is undeniably essentially the most very important advancements in condensed topic and theoretical physics of the second one 1/2 the 20 th century, has extended extensively. it's been used and prolonged from many alternative theoretical and experimental views. New and unforeseen good points were exposed from the BKT concept. due to the fact that its inception, except purposes in condensed subject physics, the idea has been actively utilized in different branches of physics, similar to excessive strength physics, atomic physics, nuclear physics, statistical physics, nonlinear structures, and so on. This makes the speculation an imperative subject for all who're excited about physics.
An foreign staff of specialists, every one of whom has left his mark at the advancements of this outstanding conception and experimental functions, give a contribution either ancient essays and extra exact present technical and experimental money owed to this quantity. those articles spotlight the recent discoveries from the respective authors' perspectives.
This particular quantity celebrates the effect over 4 many years of the BKT conception on smooth physics. as well as the ancient viewpoint supplied via Kosterlitz and Thouless's assessment, the quantity offers a finished description of experimental and theoretical functions and extensions of the BKT theory.
- Early paintings on illness pushed part Transitions (J M Kosterlitz and D J Thouless)
- Duality, Gauge Symmetries, Renormalization teams and the BKT Transition (J V José)
- Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition during the Eyes of Duality (G Ortiz, E Cobanera and Z Nussinov)
- The Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in Superconductors (A M Goldman)
- Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in the Sine–Gordon strategy: The function of the Vortex-Core power (L Benfatto, C Castellani and T Giamarchi)
- The Two-Dimensional totally pissed off XY version (S Teitel)
- Charges and Vortices in Josephson Junction Arrays (R Fazio and G Schön)
- Superinsulator–Superconductor Duality in Dimensions and Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition (V M Vinokur and T I Baturina)
- BKT Physics with Two-Dimensional Atomic Gases (Z Hadzibabic and J Dalibard)
- Vortex Physics within the Quantum corridor Bilayer (H A Fertig and G Murthy)
Readership: Graduate scholars and researchers in condensed subject and theoretical physics.
Read Online or Download 40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory PDF
Similar molecular physics books
Progressive advances in experimental ideas and wonderful raises in computing device energy over fresh years have enabled researchers to boost a way more profound knowing of the atomic few-body challenge. One quarter of excessive concentration has been the learn of fragmentation tactics. protecting the newest examine within the box, this edited textual content is the 1st to supply a focussed and systematic remedy of fragmentation tactics, bringing jointly contributions from a number best specialists.
The large measurement of polymer molecules factors their molecular motions to span a vast variety of size scales and provides upward thrust to viscoelastic behaviour. This rate-dependence of the houses is a major attribute of sentimental fabrics (rubbers, biopolymers, lubricants, adhesives, and so on. ). enhancing the functionality and constructing new purposes for gentle fabrics require an realizing of the fundamental ideas of the way molecular motions underlie physicalproperties.
This e-book takes the reader for a brief trip over the constructions of topic exhibiting that their major houses should be acquired even at a quantitative point with a minimal historical past wisdom. The latter, along with a few highschool physics and arithmetic, contains the 3 cornerstones of technological know-how offered in chapters 1 to three, particularly the atomic proposal, the wave-particle duality, and the minimization of strength because the for equilibrium.
Ultraviolet Laser expertise and purposes is a hands-on reference textual content that identifies the most parts of UV laser know-how; describes how every one is utilized; bargains sincerely illustrated examples of UV opticalsystems functions; and comprises technical info on optics, lasers, fabrics, and structures.
- Higher Excited States of Polyatomic Molecules V2: v. 2
- New Horizons of Computational Science: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Supercomputing held in Tokyo, Japan, September 1—3, 1997 (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- Hard X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (HAXPES) (Springer Series in Surface Sciences)
Additional info for 40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory