By Gloria Gutman,Charmaine Spencer
Population getting older is happening around the globe. stories of abuse and forget of older women and men also are obtrusive on a world foundation. whereas a lot of the paintings on identity, remedy and prevention of abuse of older folks has been in the relatives atmosphere, it can't be separated from the wider adventure of ageing in modern society. Time and time back, concerns round laws, coverage and perform collide with human rights, societal attitudes and stereotypes.
Raising information of the link among getting older, ageism and abuse, is one target of this e-book and an important first step within the conflict to get rid of abuse and forget of older folks. yet wisdom isn't adequate, motion should be taken to enhance, case discovering systems and remedial and preventive guidelines and courses which are elder-friendly either in purpose and within the approach that they're carried out. This booklet bargains a thought-provoking exam of chosen present rules and courses which were built in the healthiness, social prone and felony justice structures. It highlights the specified concerns and vulnerabilities of older girls, older males and people from the LGTB neighborhood. It additionally includes a new angle to attaining teenagers via an academic application that shapes attitudes and behaviour through photo paintings.
- Clear, straight forward writing kind - reader doesn't need to deal with murky theories and imprecise references
- Practical procedure – readers can relate to the examples which are supplied of occasions during which abuse and overlook has or can occur
Read Online or Download Aging, Ageism and Abuse: Moving from Awareness to Action (Elsevier Insights) PDF
Best gerontology books
An enlightening publication, You convey Out the track in Me, explores how track motivates, enriches, touches, relaxes, and energizes the aged in nursing houses. working towards track therapists clarify how tune “speaks” to we all, despite our language, tradition, or talents and the way it may be used with teams and participants in nursing houses to inspire rest and expression of feeling and elevate socialization.
An enlightening evaluate of the successes and screw ups of numerous federally funded community-based tasks that provided aged people a substitute for nursing domestic care. Policymakers, caregivers, and scholars of public management and gerontology needs to learn this important book.
Das vorliegende Buch bietet die erste systematische Untersuchung zum Thema Alterssuizid in der griechisch-römischen Antike. Der Autor zeigt, daß bereits im Altertum das hohe modify, der nahende Tod, Altersleiden und der erwogene oder vollzogene Freitod ein kohärentes, dem zeitgenössischen Denken und Erleben vertrautes Motivgeflecht bildeten.
This compact, targeted advisor is ideal for college students and others new to the sphere of gerontology. gains comprise additional examining for every bankruptcy, a word list of keyword phrases, and tables that offer effortless reference points.
- Aging and Ethnicity: Knowledge and Services, Second Edition
- Inside Assisted Living: The Search for Home
- Alzheimer's Disease, Media Representations and the Politics of Euthanasia: Constructing Risk and Selling Death in an Ageing Society
- Handbook of Theories of Aging, Second Edition
- Baby Boomers of Color: Implications for Social Work Policy and Practice
- La vieillesse des uns et le travail des autres: Les enjeux contemporains d'une rencontre séculaire (Études) (French Edition)
Extra info for Aging, Ageism and Abuse: Moving from Awareness to Action (Elsevier Insights)