By Kristina Hash PhD MSW,Elaine Jurkowski MSW PhD,John Krout PhD
Research files that rural elders are poorer, reside in much less sufficient housing, and feature a ways fewer well-being and repair innovations on hand to them than their city opposite numbers, but there's a severe loss of present and distinctive info at the difficulties dealing with rural elders and at the expert practices that serve this inhabitants. this article fills this hole by way of introducing readers to rural components and their citizens and discussing the problems, courses, and rules designed to satisfy their wishes. via a multidisciplinary lens, it examines and defines particular knowledge required for winning paintings with older adults and their households in those communities.
The textual content offers a research-driven, competency-based strategy for the future health and human provider pros who paintings with older rural citizens. It discusses either the issues dealing with older adults and their households and evidence-based ideas concerning coverage and top practices. Key matters tested contain health and wellbeing and well being, transportation, housing, long term care, source of revenue, employment, and retirement, besides the desires of exact populations (ethnic minorities, immigrants, and the LGBT population). Case examples make stronger an interdisciplinary version that addresses perform with rural elders that encompasses expert knowledge, values and ethics, and the jobs of a spectrum of well-being and human provider execs. The textual content additionally examines present guidelines affecting health and wellbeing and social companies to rural elders and suggestions for coverage swap to construct an efficient future health and human carrier staff in rural groups. hyperlinks to Podcast interviews with students and revered pros operating within the box and "Spotlight" excerpts from the textual content make stronger details. furthermore, the textual content presents dialogue questions, PowerPoint slides, a attempt query financial institution, and recommended actions and workouts.
- Fills a vacuum relating to info on wellbeing and fitness and social prone for rural elders
- Provides present and entire wisdom approximately matters besetting this inhabitants and courses and regulations designed to fulfill their wishes
- Examines and defines particular advantage required for potent future health and social prone
- Based on a research-driven, competency-based, interdisciplinary method of coverage and top perform
- Includes hyperlinks to Podcast interviews with students and revered execs within the box
Read Online or Download Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice PDF
Best gerontology books
An enlightening ebook, You carry Out the tune in Me, explores how track motivates, enriches, touches, relaxes, and energizes the aged in nursing houses. working towards track therapists clarify how song “speaks” to we all, despite our language, tradition, or skills and the way it may be used with teams and contributors in nursing houses to motivate leisure and expression of feeling and elevate socialization.
An enlightening overview of the successes and screw ups of a number of federally funded community-based initiatives that provided aged individuals an alternative choice to nursing domestic care. Policymakers, caregivers, and scholars of public management and gerontology needs to learn this worthy book.
Das vorliegende Buch bietet die erste systematische Untersuchung zum Thema Alterssuizid in der griechisch-römischen Antike. Der Autor zeigt, daß bereits im Altertum das hohe modify, der nahende Tod, Altersleiden und der erwogene oder vollzogene Freitod ein kohärentes, dem zeitgenössischen Denken und Erleben vertrautes Motivgeflecht bildeten.
This compact, concentrated consultant is ideal for college students and others new to the sector of gerontology. beneficial properties contain extra studying for every bankruptcy, a thesaurus of keyword phrases, and tables that supply effortless reference points.
- Narrative Gerontology in Research and Practice
- Home and Identity in Late Life: International Perspectives
- Alternsgerechte Beschäftigung in der alternden Gesellschaft (German Edition)
- The Economic Effects of Aging in the United States and Japan (National Bureau of Economic Research Project Report)
- The Death of Humanity: and the Case for Life
- "Die alternde Gesellschaft" - Chancen und Herausforderungen (German Edition)
Additional resources for Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice